Questions and Answers
1. Location of Alabama Educational Technology Conference:
AETC 2017 is being held at Hoover High School in Hoover, AL.
2. The web address for AETC is:
3. May I just sit with my friend that has a ticket at the hands-on workshop?
Unfortunately, we cannot allow doubling or pairing because of fire codes and other contracts.
4. If I am not pre-registered and I am not coming until Wednesday, where do I go?
You will come to Hoover High School, and register at the Registration Booth on Wednesday morning before you can attend any sessions. You must be registered for the conference to attend any hands-on workshops Wednesday-Thursday.
5. Will there be food at Hoover High School?
A variety of Food Trucks will be onsite during the lunch hours and at snack breaks.
6. Where are the concurrent sessions held?
The one-hour concurrent sessions will be located on the 2nd floor.
7. Where are the hands-on workshops being held?
Hands-on workshops will be located on the 1st Floor.
8. The presenter ran out of handouts in the meeting I was just in, where do I get one?
If the presenter gives us their handouts on disk or by email, we will post them on the AETC Web site in a couple of weeks at http://alex.state.al.us/aetc, under Past AETC Session Handouts.
All cancellation requests will be subject to a $10 administrative fee and must be received in writing no later than May 19, 2017. Requests may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to AETC c/o McRae Conferences, 1401 Maclay Commerce Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32312. No refunds will be given after May 19, 2017.
10. Can I go into just one session without a badge?
No, you must be registered.
11. Can I go into the Exhibit Hall without registering for the conference?
Yes, there is a $15 fee for an Exhibits Only pass.
12. Can I attend sessions with my husband/wife, etc.?
Yes, but you must also be registered and have a name badge.
13. Can I take my child in with me?
AETC is a professional development opportunity for educators. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to attend the conference sessions, hands-on workshops, or enter the Exhibit Hall. Please be respectful of your fellow participants, as well as the presenters and make other arrangements for your small children and pets.
14. Can I register just to attend one day?
Yes, one-day registration is $75 on-site only.