An Alabama State Department of Education-sponsored event.
Questions and Answers
1. Location of 2015 Alabama Educational Technology Conference:
The conference is held each year at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex (BJCC) in Birmingham, AL.
2. The web address for AETC is:
3. May I just sit with my friend that has a ticket at the hands-on workshop?
Unfortunately, we cannot allow doubling or pairing because of fire codes and other contracts.
4. If I am not pre-registered and I am not coming until Wednesday, where do I go?
You will come to the BJCC and register at the Registration Booth on Wednesday morning before you can attend any sessions. You must be registered for the conference to attend any hands-on workshops Wednesday-Thursday.
5. How do I change tickets or see what is available?
Go to McRae’s Hands-on Workshop booth in the Registration area and check the workshop board.
6. Will there be food at the BJCC?
Concessions will be available to participants in the Concession Area at the back of the Exhibit Hall Wednesday-Thursday, as well as various eating establishments around the BJCC during the lunch hours.
7. Where are the concurrent sessions held?
The one-hour concurrent sessions will be held in the East Hall (1st and 3rd floors).
8. Where are the hands-on workshops being held?
Hands-on workshops will be held in the North Hall.
9. The presenter ran out of handouts in the meeting I was just in, where do I get one?
If the presenter gives us their handouts on disk or by email, we will post them on the AETC Web site in a couple of weeks at http://alex.state.al.us/aetc, under Past AETC Session Handouts.
All cancellation requests will be subject to a $10 administrative fee and must be received in writing no later than May 19, 2015. Requests may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to AETC c/o McRae Conferences, 1401 Maclay Commerce Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32312. No refunds will be given after May 19, 2015.
11. Can I go into just one session without a badge?
No, you must be registered.
12. Can I go into the Exhibit Hall without registering for the conference?
Yes, there is a $15 fee for an Exhibits Only pass.
13. Can I attend sessions with my husband/wife, etc.?
Yes, but you must also be registered and have a name badge.
14. Can I take my child in with me?
AETC is a professional development opportunity for educators. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to attend the conference sessions, hands-on workshops, or enter the Exhibit Hall. Please be respectful of your fellow participants, as well as the presenters and make other arrangements for your small children and pets.
15. Can I register just to attend one day?
Yes, one-day registration is $65 on-site.