Online Registration is now open!
Questions and Answers
1. Location of 2014 Alabama Educational Technology Conference:
The conference is being held at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex (BJCC) in Birmingham, AL, this year.
2. The web address for AETC is:
3. May I just sit with my friend that has a ticket at the hands-on workshop?
Unfortunately, we cannot allow doubling or pairing because of fire codes and other contracts.
4. If I am not pre-registered and I am not coming until Wednesday, where do I go?
You will come to the BJCC and register at the Registration Booth on Wednesday morning before you can attend any sessions. You must be registered for the conference to attend any hands-on workshops Wednesday-Thursday.
5. How do I change tickets or see what is available?
Go to McRae’s Hands-on Workshop booth in the Registration area and check the workshop board.
6. Will there be food at the BJCC?
Food vendors will be available to participants in the Concession Area at the back of the Exhibit Hall Wednesday-Thursday, as well as various eating establishments around the BJCC during the lunch hours.
7. Where are the concurrent sessions held?
The one-hour concurrent sessions will be held in the East Hall (1st and 3rd floors).
8. Where are the hands-on workshops being held?
Hands-on workshops will be held in the North Hall.
9. The presenter ran out of handouts in the meeting I was just in, where do I get one?
If the presenter gives us their handouts on disk or by email, we will post them on the AETC Web site in a couple of weeks at http://alex.state.al.us/aetc, under Past AETC Session Handouts.
Call McRae at 866-678-2382. Deadline for refunds is May 26. There is a $10 fee for cancellations. No refunds will be given after this time.
11. Can I go into just one session without a badge?
No, you must be registered.
12. Can I go into the Exhibit Hall without registering for the conference?
Yes, there is a $15 fee for an Exhibits Only pass.
13. Can I attend sessions with my husband/wife, etc.?
Yes, but you must also be registered.
14. Can I take my child in with me?
AETC is a professional development opportunity for educators. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to attend the conference sessions or enter the Exhibit Hall. Please be respectful of your fellow participants, as well as the presenters and make other arrangements for your children and pets.
15. How much are the hands-on workshops?
BYOD worksop--$15 each
3-hour workshop--$25 each
16. Can I register just to attend one day?
Yes, one-day registration is $50 on-site.