The Alabama State Board of Education approved the adoption of the internationally benchmarked Common Core State Standards along with selected Alabama standards in November 2010 . By combining both Common Core and Alabama's standards, our state has adopted one of the most comprehensive sets of standards in the nation, ensuring students are prepared for a successful future in the ever-expanding global environment.
This website was created to help Alabama educators better understand the standards as well as provide high-quality resources and instructional materials to implement the CCRS. By also providing the Alabama Insight online curriculum tool to each district in Alabama, educators can explore and map the standards. The Insight tool can be accessed by any Alabama teacher by simply creating a Personal Workspace in ALEX (www.alex.state.al.us).
2016-2017 CCRS PLU Information
- District Progress and Capacity Rubric
- Alabama's CCRS Professional Development Plan
- Alabama's CCRS Transition Plan
- Alabama CCRS e-Learning Course Brochure
- Toolkit Version 2
- Instructional Practice Guide-Coaching ELA K-2
- Instructional Practice Guide-Coaching ELA 3-12
- Instructional Practice Guide-Coaching Math K-8
- Instructional Practice Guide-Coaching Math HS