Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This page contains the latest information regarding questions sent to the State Department of Education related to professional learning units (PLUs). It will be updated as new information is released to the public regarding programs and/or initiatives related to leadership and evaluation.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Instructional Leader Certification, Professional Study, and Professional Learning Units (PLUs)
- Professional Learning Units (PLUs) for Education Specialist and Doctoral courses
- List of approved courses offered at Alabama universities to earn a PLU - updated 1/25/13
- Out-of-State graduate program completion deadline extended
- PLU requirement for the Instructional Leader certificate
Guidelines for LEA approval
Evaluation Matrix may be used as a guideline for superintendents approving professional studies locally
Formative Assessment guidelines for local education agencies (LEAs) designing and approving a formative assessment
Software Technology, Inc. Professional Development (STI PD)
- STI PD format for approved professional studies
- Documenting approved graduate courses from Alabama universities in STI PD
- Participants: Where to locate a PLU documented in STI PD
- Professional Study Providers: How to document a PLU in STI PD
Administrative Renewal Requirements (updated 02/24/2014)
Current requirements, as well as updates, may be found at http://www.alsde.edu/CertificationForms (click Certificate Renewal: Administrative)
Upcoming Professional Study Reviews
Applications received by:
· Jul. 8, 2014 will be reviewed Jul. 22, 2014.
· Sept. 9, 2014 will be reviewed Sept. 23, 2014.