Welcome to Leadalabama
LEADAlabama is a formative, online, evaluation system for educational leaders consisting of a self assessment, collaborative dialogue, professional learning plan (PLP), evidence collection and a 360° assessment, the Vanderbilt Assessment of Leadership in Education (VAL-ED). LEADAlabama will be available to evaluate certificated central office administrators, principals, assistant principals, and all other specialty area administrators. All school system administrators who are evaluated with PEPE will be formatively evaluated using the LEADAlabama online process.
|New Method for Requesting LEAD Help - 1/25/13|
|Important LEADAL Links|
|For all LEAD Users in Alabama Public Schools|
|LEADAlabama Online Process|
|Online Education Directory (ED DIR)|
|LEADAlabama Professional Learning Opportunities|
|NOTE: At this time, Professional Development opportunities are not all linked to LEADAlabama Indicators but will be in the near future.|
|View a message from Dr. Thomas Bice, State Superintendent of Education, concerning the importance of EDUCATE/LEADAlabama|
Importance of EDUCATE/LEADAlabama (click to view)
2013-2014 Training Materials
|Leader Video Series - for all LEADAL Users - 2-3 minutes|
Step 1: Register/Update Education Directory Account
|Step 2: Login/Logout LEADAL|
|Step 3: Review/Update LEADAL Profile Status|
Step 4: Complete Leader Self-Assessment
|Step 5: Participate in Collaborative Dialogue (No Video)|
|Step 6: Develop Professional Learning Plan|
|Step 7: Add Supporting Evidence|
|Step 8: Closeout LEADAL|
|EA/LEAD 2013-2014 - Training Handout|
|EDUCATE/LEADAlabama 2013-2014 Training PowerPoint|
|LEADAlabama 2013-2014 User Guide (Updated July 2, 2013)|
|Alabama Continuum for Leaders Development|
|Alignment Illustration - LEADAL and VAL-ED by ISLLC Standards|
|LEADAlabama 2012-2013 Training Presentation PPT PDF|
|LEADAlabama 2012-2013 User Guide (Updated January 25, 2013)|
Alabama Continuum for Leadership Development - 23 indicators described at five levels of development
- Results used to focus a conversation with the Evaluator about professional practice and areas needing improvement
- A conversation with Evaluator to inform development of the Professional Learning Plan
Professional Learning Plan (PLP):
- Collaboratively developed plan for professional learning
- Documentation of professional learning evidencing active work towards leadership improvement
- Vanderbilt Assessment of Leadership in Education (VAL-ED), a multi-rater, evidence-based, approach to measure the effectiveness of principal behaviors known to influence teacher performance and student learning . Administered to principals once every three years.
|For questions about LEADAlabama, contact Dr. Zickeyous Byrd at email@example.com or 334.353.0478.|
Upcoming Professional Study Reviews
Applications received by:
· Oct. 14th will be reviewed Oct. 29th.
· Nov. 26th will be reviewed Dec. 10th.
· Jan. 14, 2014 will be reviewed Jan. 28, 2014.
· Feb. 11, 2014 will be reviewed Feb. 25, 2014.