1. Journal: Choose one of the following to write 5 sentences about as your journal entry for today.
- Are zoos a good or bad idea?
- What animal would you describe as the most deadly? Why?
- What does the following quote mean?
- “Every fairy tale had a bloody lining. Every one had teeth and claws.”― Alice Hoffman
2. Discuss journal entries and lead discussion to the topic of zoos.
3. List on board reasons for and against traditional zoos, then list the zoo of death on chart paper to be placed in room during project.
4. Read aloud Chapter 2 to class (only 4 pages) and have students follow reading with study guide and answer and cite questions during reading.
5. Assign zoo of death (see attachments).
6. Allow students to research required information to complete project.
7. After finishing project, discuss and display in classroom after evaluation.