|Lesson Plan ID:
Building Everlasting Relationships: Understanding Subject-Verb Agreement in Sentences.
In this technology-driven lesson, students will independently review subject-verb. As a culminating activity, they will complete an interactive grammar lesson using English Grammar 101.
This is a College- and Career-Ready Standards showcase lesson plan.
|ELA2013(7) ||36. Demonstrate command of the conventions of Standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking. [L.7.1] |
|Primary Learning Objective(s):
The Student Will:
- review the meaning of subject-verb agreement
- review subject-verb agreement variations
- demonstrate an understanding of subject-verb agreement by completing an independent assignment.
|Additional Learning Objective(s):
|Approximate Duration of the Lesson:
|| 31 to 60 Minutes|
|Materials and Equipment:
|Technology Resources Needed:
- Explicit instruction on Subject-Verb Agreement has been conducted
- Established Edmodo Account
- Ensure PowerPoint and Edmodo are supported on all student laptops
- Review the Edmodo Post to ensure understanding of student tasks.
- Upload Subject-Verb Agreement Edmodo Post to Edmodo as an ASSIGNMENT.
- Upload English Grammar 101 Link
- Upload Subject-Verb Agreement PowerPoint
- Upload English Grammar 101 Documentation Form
- Prior knowledge of Subject-Verb Agreement
- Established Edmodo Account for Class
- Upload the Subject-Verb Agreement Edmodo Post, the Subject-Verb Agreement PowerPoint, the English Grammar 101 Documentation Form, and the English Grammar 101 Link to Edmodo prior to class.
- At the beginning of class, review with students the information learned about subject-verb agreement. It is important that students have some prior knowledge of subject-verb agreement so that they can complete the Edmodo assignment.
- Have students log into laptops.
- Have students log into Edmodo.
- Review the Edmodo assignment with students to ensure they know how to properlly find the links and know how to properlly turn in an Edmodo assignment.
- Allow students time to complete the assignment posted to Edmodo.
- As students work through the lesson, circulate through the classroom to ensure they are doing the proper lessons and the monitor their progress.
- At the end of the lesson, ensure that all students have submitted their assignments.
|Attachments:**Some files will display in a new window. Others will prompt you to download.
The English Grammar 101 lesson will be used as an assessment of student retention. In addition, the teacher will use observations to indicate student understanding.
Students who grasp the concept of subject-verb agreement well may do an extension assignment in which they will create worksheets practicing this skill for their classmates. These worksheets could then be uploaded to Edmodo for extra practice for struggling students.
Those students who struggle with this concept can have a peer tutor aide them in completing their assignment.
Each area below is a direct link to general teaching strategies/classroom
for students with identified learning and/or behavior problems such as: reading
or math performance below grade level; test or classroom assignments/quizzes at
a failing level; failure to complete assignments independently; difficulty with
short-term memory, abstract concepts, staying on task, or following directions;
poor peer interaction or temper tantrums, and other learning or behavior problems.
|Presentation of Material
||Using Groups and Peers
|Assisting the Reluctant Starter
||Dealing with Inappropriate
Be sure to check the student's IEP for specific accommodations.
|Variations Submitted by ALEX Users: