1. Watch video about George Washington Carver.
2. On sticky pads, write personality traits about George.
3. Turn and talk with partner.
4. Place notes on chart paper labeled "George Washington Carver = Perseverance". Discuss the word "perseverance" and how it applies to George.
5. Read the story to students. Stop often to discuss the main purpose of each section and to distinguish their own point of view from that of the author. Note times that George showed perseverance on the chart paper.
6. Complete Author's Point of View graphic organizer together.
7. Students will work in small groups to design a poster of George Washington Carver's contributions.
8. Posters will be shared with class.