Loading the player ...
Alan(Afroman), Ty, Glen, Victor, Mr. Brickell
Morgan County Board of Education, Eva School
Teaching what smoking claims to do and the dangers of it using original, animated characters.
Content Areas: Health and Physical Education
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
|HE1 (1) || |
14. Describe how the avoidance of harmful substances may enhance personal health and individual well-being.
Example: avoiding tobacco and second-hand smoke to promote healthy lungs
|HE1 (3) || |
4. Identify behaviors that should be reported to responsible adults.
Examples: use of drugs, tobacco, or alcohol; incidence of abuse, neglect, or physical fighting or threats
|HE1 (4) || |
12. Describe physical effects of substance abuse on the body.
Examples: shortness of breath, elevated heart rate, stained teeth, impaired judgment, addiction
|HE1 (5) || |
5. Identify risky behaviors that affect personal health and safety.
Examples: use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs; premarital sexual activity; self-mutilation
|HE1 (6) || |
12. Describe consequences of substance use and abuse.
Examples: impaired judgment leading to premarital sexual activity, transmission of disease, risk of injury, unwanted pregnancy, birth defects
|HE1 (6) || |
13. Describe possible consequences of tobacco use, including smokeless tobacco.
Examples: stained teeth, halitosis, cancer, emphysema