Loading the player ...
This podcast is part of the series: Christmas Around the World Podcast Series
Vestavia Hills City Schools
Vestavia Hlls Elementary East
In this podcast, students share what they discovered about Christmas cards. The first cards were actually sent by children just like us! This student also shares a class activity that we completed together to honor this classic Christmas tradition!
Content Areas: English/Language Arts, Social Studies, Technology Education
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
|TC2 (K-2) || |
7. Use digital tools to access and retrieve information.
Examples: online libraries, multimedia dictionaries, search engines, directories Evaluating accuracy of digital content
Example: determining fact versus opinion
|ELA2015 (2) || |
30. Recount or describe key ideas or details from a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media. [SL.2.2]
|ELA2015 (2) || |
31. Ask and answer questions about what a speaker says in order to clarify comprehension, gather additional information, or deepen understanding of a topic or issue. [SL.2.3]
|SS2010 (K) Living and Working Together in Family and Community || |
6. Compare cultural similarities and differences in individuals, families, and communities.
Examples: celebrations, food, traditions
|SS2010 (1) Living and Working Together in Family and Community and State || |
11. Identify traditions and contributions of various cultures in the local community and state. (Alabama)
Examples: Kwanzaa, Christmas, Hanukkah, Fourth of July, Cinco de Mayo
|SS2010 (2) Living and Working Together in State and Nation || |
11. Interpret legends, stories, and songs that contributed to the development of the cultural history of the United States.
Examples: American Indian legends, African-American stories, tall tales, stories of folk heroes