Loading the player ...
This podcast is part of the series: Take Pride Statewide
Auntie Litter, Inc.
In this clip from "The Friends of Auntie Litter", the Pollution Patrol sings a song to remind us to do our share for cleaner air. Suggestions are given to help prevent air pollution and conserve energy. Words to the song are included within the clip. This video is one from the Take Pride Statewide series.
Aligned to the following ALEX lesson plan:
Life is a Breath of Fresh Air
Content Areas: Health and Physical Education
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
|HE1 (1) || |
1. Recognize health-enhancing activities that promote clean schools, homes, and communities.
Example: participating in school-wide cleanup, Auntie Litter, and People Against a Littered State (PALS) projects
|HE1 (1) || |
5. Describe ways to save energy, water, and other resources.
|HE1 (2) || |
3. Identify effects of pollutants, household wastes, and chemical hazards on the environment.
|HE1 (4) || |
2. Explain ways industry impacts environmental and community health.
Examples: land, air, noise, or water pollution; disposal of hazardous waste
|HE1 (5) || |
3. Describe ways individuals, businesses, and communities protect the environment.
Examples: Adopt-a-Mile clean-up efforts, recycling projects, proper waste disposal procedures
|HE1 (7) || |
3. Describe how health is affected by the environment.
Example: respiratory problems caused by second-hand smoke