Loading the player ...
This podcast is part of the series: Take Pride Statewide
Auntie Litter, Inc.
In this clip from "The Friends of Auntie Litter", the Secret Agents of Air Quality sing a song to remind us to make pollution a thing of the past. Information is given about air pollution, and suggestions are given to help prevent it. This video is one from the Take Pride Statewide series.
Content Areas: Science, Health and Physical Education
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
|HE1 (1) || |
1. Recognize health-enhancing activities that promote clean schools, homes, and communities.
Example: participating in school-wide cleanup, Auntie Litter, and People Against a Littered State (PALS) projects
|HE1 (1) || |
5. Describe ways to save energy, water, and other resources.
|HE1 (4) || |
3. Identify environmental health issues related to home and work.
Examples: waste disposal, stagnant water, mold
|HE1 (5) || |
3. Describe ways individuals, businesses, and communities protect the environment.
Examples: Adopt-a-Mile clean-up efforts, recycling projects, proper waste disposal procedures
|HE1 (6) || |
2. Describe practices that protect the environment and control disease.
Examples: managing contamination from biohazardous waste, removing objects that collect water to prevent breeding grounds for mosquitoes
|HE1 (8) || |
3. Identify public environmental laws that protect personal health.
Examples: dumping, polluting, littering