Loading the player ...
This podcast is part of the series: Take Pride Statewide
Auntie Litter, Inc.
In this clip from "The Friends of Auntie Litter", this Public Service Announcement acts as a call to arms for the protection of air, land, and water. It's time we all teamed up to keep America beautiful! This video is one from the Take Pride Statewide series.
Aligned to the following ALEX lesson plan:
Team Up to Clean Up
Content Areas: Science, Health and Physical Education
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
|HE1 (1) || |
1. Recognize health-enhancing activities that promote clean schools, homes, and communities.
Example: participating in school-wide cleanup, Auntie Litter, and People Against a Littered State (PALS) projects
|HE1 (4) || |
3. Identify environmental health issues related to home and work.
Examples: waste disposal, stagnant water, mold
|HE1 (5) || |
3. Describe ways individuals, businesses, and communities protect the environment.
Examples: Adopt-a-Mile clean-up efforts, recycling projects, proper waste disposal procedures
|HE1 (6) || |
2. Describe practices that protect the environment and control disease.
Examples: managing contamination from biohazardous waste, removing objects that collect water to prevent breeding grounds for mosquitoes
|HE1 (8) || |
3. Identify public environmental laws that protect personal health.
Examples: dumping, polluting, littering