Loading the player ...
This podcast is part of the series: Habitat Chat
MaHaley, Elizabeth, Savannh H., Savannah B., Keniyah, and Kelijah
Owens Cross Road Elementary, Madison County Schools
This student led and narrated podcast explores the grassland biome or habitat. Students will learn some examples of species, landforms, and about how animals can adapt to this biome. Although the podcast is narrated, there is plenty of information and pictures included for the students to access more details.
Content Areas: Science, English/Language Arts, Technology Education
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
|SC (5) || |
9. Describe the relationship of populations within a habitat to various communities and ecosystems. Describing the relationship between food chains and food webs Describing symbiotic relationships
|TC2 (3-5) || |
2. Use various technology applications, including word processing and multimedia software. Using navigational features commonly found in technology applications Identifying digital file types
|TC2 (3-5) || |
8. Collect information from a variety of digital sources.
Examples: online libraries, multimedia dictionaries Using technology tools to organize information Demonstrating efficient Internet search strategies
Example: keyword search Evaluating electronic resources for reliability based on publication date, bias,
accuracy, and source credibility
|ELA2015 (5) || |
43. Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal contrast, addition, and other logical relationships (e.g., however, although, nevertheless, similarly, moreover, in addition). [L.5.6]
|SC2015 (2) || |
7. Obtain information from literature and other media to illustrate that there
are many different kinds of living things and that they exist in different places on land and in water (e.g., woodland, tundra, desert, rainforest, ocean, river).