Loading the player ...
Vestavia Hills Elementary Central,
Vestavia Hills City School System
Using AMSTI Animals Studies unit, student give a summary of their experience with millipedes. Students go through the various activities that were completed in the millipedes section of the unit. Students share their knowledge they acquired about millipedes. They also share the steps and process of creating the millipede habitat. Students follow up with millipede care.
Content Areas: Science
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
[S1] (4) 6: Classify animals as vertebrates or invertebrates and as endotherms or ectotherms.
Science as Inquiry:
- ability necessary to do scientific inquiry,
- understandings about scientific inquiry.
- Characteristics of organisms,
- life cycles of organisms,
- organisms and their environment.