Loading the player ...
7th grade science students: Treaston, Lindsay, Katie, Kayla, and Eric
Mrs. Laura McFall Franks, 7th grade science teacher
Mrs. Ashley Robison, Jr. Computer Lab
Wilson High School, Lauderdale County
An upbeat podcast created by 7th grade science students that describes physical and cyber bullying and offers some advice on how to stop bullying.
Content Areas: Stop Bullying Now
Alabama Course of Study Alignments and/or Professional Development Standard Alignments:
|TC2 (6-8) || |
9. Practice responsible and legal use of technology systems and digital content.
Examples: avoiding plagiarism; complying with acceptable-use policies, copyright laws,
and fair use standards; recognizing secure Web sites Identifying examples of computer crime and related penalties
Examples: computer crime—phishing, spoofing, virus and worm
penalties—fines, incarceration Citing sources of digital content
|TC2 (9-12) Computer Applications || |
9. Practice ethical and legal use of technology systems and digital content. Explaining consequences of illegal and unethical use of technology systems and digital
Examples: cyberbullying, plagiarism Interpreting copyright laws and policies with regard to ownership and use of digital
content Citing sources of digital content using a style manual
Examples: Modern Language Association (MLA), American Psychological
|HE1 (2) || |
8. Explain ways that bullying and excessive teasing can be hurtful. Comparing positive and negative ways to respond to conflict
Examples: taking responsibility for personal behavior instead of blaming others, talking instead of hitting, waiting turn instead of interrupting
|HE1 (5) || |
8. Explain prevention and intervention techniques related to bullying.
|HE1 (7) || |
7. Demonstrate decision-making skills as they relate to situations involving health risks.
Examples: responding appropriately to sexual harassment, avoiding physical conflict, objecting to verbal and physical bullying, avoiding inappropriate electronic communication