Please fill in the information below. You will be sent an email confirming your registration. When you receive the confirmation email you MUST click on the link in the email. Just opening the email will not confirm your account.
Your ALEX login and personal workspace will remain active indefinitely when used regularly. We reserve the right to inactivate any accounts not accessed during a six-month time period. You will be notified in advance via email should your account be in danger of being deactivated. For this reason, it is important that you update the contact information given when creating your account should it change in the future.
In connection with your use of the Site, you agree you will not:
The Alabama Learning Exchange also reserves the following rights:
- Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other content ("Material") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, or otherwise objectionable, or that may invade another's right of privacy or publicity, exploit children under 18 years of age, promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post or transmit any Material that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- Post or transmit any Material that contains a virus or corrupted data;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to any communication feature;
- Use the Site's communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting, use of all caps, or flooding continuous posting of repetitive text;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
- Use any Material or service of the Alabama Learning Exchange for commercial purposes,
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Upload or transmit any Material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Delete or revise any Material posted by any other person or entity. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
- Manipulate or otherwise display the Site by using framing or similar navigational technology, or
- Register, subscribe, attempt to register, attempt to subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for any Alabama Learning Exchange service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so.
- To release current or past member information in the event the Alabama Learning Exchange believes that accounts are in violation of the terms of service or Material content guidelines, used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed and/or if the Alabama Learning Exchange deems it necessary and/or appropriate;
- To deny membership to offenders of these guidelines or terms of service
- To amend or change these guidelines at any time and without notice.