gallery360° iChallenge Awards
The Alabama Department of Education joins with Apple iTunes U to continue the gallery360° iChallenge Awards program. This program is designed to involve Alabama teachers, students, higher education faculty, informal educators (i.e. museums, labs, centers, etc., and other entities in the development of high-quality 21st Century learning resources.)
The contest will run from December 1, 2014 through May 8, 2015 (See timeline) and is sponsored by ALEX, the Alabama Learning Exchange.
While entries that follow the theme are encouraged, all submissions will be considered. Applicants across Alabama are invited to submit original video podcasts in a variety of educational areas to compete for the “Best in Class” awards in the following areas:
Best in Class Application Categories:
- Alabama K-12 Teachers (K-8 Teacher Produced & 9-12 Teacher Produced)
- Alabama K-12 Students (K-8 Student Produced & 9-12 Student Produced; must have Alabama Teacher Sponsor)
- Alabama Higher Education Faculty
- Alabama Higher Education Students (must have Alabama Faculty Member Sponsor)
- Informal Education Organization (Museums, Learning Centers, Cultural Organizations)
- Best Use of Theme
Possible Podcast Topic Areas:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- Career and Technical Education
- Languages Other Than English
- The Arts
- Technology Education
- Professional Development
Click here to view the growing list of prizes provided by the iChallenge Sponsors.
The review panel reserves the right to withhold awards in any category in which entries fail to meet minimum standards using the ALEX Podcast Quality Scoring Guide. Entries that meet the ALEX Podcast Criteria will be posted to ALEX, and possibly shared with iTunes U at the discretion of the ALEX Podcast Review Panel, although only “Best in Class” Winners will receive awards.