gallery360° iChallenge Entry Rules
Please review these rules to ensure that you are familiar with the minimal guidelines. Podcasts may be created to teach a topic/area to a student, or to deliver professional development for adults. Questions may be directed to: iChallenge@alex.state.al.us.
Who can apply?
- Alabama K-12 Teachers
- Alabama K-12 Students (must have Alabama Teacher Sponsor)
- Alabama Higher Education Faculty
- Alabama Higher Education Students (must have Alabama Faculty Member Sponsor)
- Informal Education Organizations (Museums, Learning Centers, Cultural Organizations)
- English/Language Arts
- Social Sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- Career and Technical Education
- Languages Other Than English
- The Arts
- Technology Education
- Professional Development
- Other: ______________________________
**Click here to see sample topics and examples of high-quality podcasts that meet the ALEX Criteria.
What is the theme?
The 2014-2015 theme is:
Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead
The Alabama Learning Exchange has partnered with STEAM Education to promote the
inclusion of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math across the curriculum.
Head over to the STEAM Education website for some incredible resources on incorporating STEAM
into your classroom and then get started on your 2014-2015 iChallenge Podcast Entry.
While entries that follow the theme are encouraged, all submissions will be considered
What are the submission requirements?
What are the legal requirements?
By submitting entries to the contest, the submitters/adult sponsors certify that:
- Appropriate permissions have been secured and are on file for all individuals appearing in the entry, including written parental permission for all individuals under age 18.
- All text, video, music, lyrics, graphics and art that are included in the submission are original creations and/or free of copyright. (Teachers should note that “Educational Fair Use” does NOT apply as these entries may be published. Educational Fair Use applies only for use exclusively in your classroom.)
- The adult creator/sponsor retains copyright to submissions, subject to the following restrictions:
--That permission is granted to the Alabama Learning Exchange to post the podcast on its Website and/or the ALEX iTunes U website for such time as it deems appropriate, and to edit the podcast submission if needed, and
--That this permission is extended to cover all non-commercial use of the podcast, including re-publication via the Internet, as long as proper credit is given to the creator/sponsor and to the Alabama Learning Exchange.
What are the technical requirements?
- All entries must be in one of the following formats: . m4v, .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv
- The recommended window size is 640 x 480.
- Each submission is limited to 400MB in file size.
- Each submission must be no greater than 7:00 minutes in length. (A series of individual podcasts may be submitted separately, but each must have a beginning, middle, and end.)