Social Studies (2010) - Grade(s): 1
Recognize and discuss common and family traditions and reasons for celebrations, including Kwanzaa, Christmas, Hanukkah, Fourth of July, Cinco de Mayo.
- Fourth of July
- Cinco de Mayo
- cultural foods
- Techniques for identifying traditions and contributions of various cultures in the community and Alabama.
- How to compare cultural similarities and differences (for example, celebrations, food, traditions).
- Vocabulary: traditions, contributions, cultures, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Fourth of July, Cinco de Mayo, cultural foods
Students are able to:
- Describe traditions of various cultures.
- Describe contributions of various cultures.
Students understand that:
- There are traditions of various cultures in the local community and Alabama.
- Various cultures have made important contributions to the local community and Alabama.