Plan and carry out an investigation, using one variable at a time (e.g., water, light, soil, air), to determine the growth needs of plants.
- Basic growth needs of plants include water, nutrients, light, and air.
- Conduct an investigation to produce data used as evidence.
- Determine the growth needs of plants.
- Collaboratively develop an investigation plan that describes key features of the investigation and isolates variables as needed.
- There are observable patterns present in the growth of plants that can be used to determine the needs of plants.