Social Studies (2010) - Grade(s): K
With prompting and support, recognize maps, globes, and satellite images.
- We live on Earth and it is represented in various ways on maps, globes, and imagery.
- Vocabulary: satellite, map, globe, image
Students are able to:
- Recognize that a globe represents Earth.
- Recognize that a maps and satellite mages represents places on Earth.
Students understand that:
- Maps and globes are representations of places on Earth including their homes, communities and larger world and can be used in a variety of ways.