Distinguish between living and nonliving things and verify what living things need to survive (e.g., animals needing food, water, and air; plants needing nutrients, water, sunlight, and air).
- All animals need food, water, and air in order to survive.
- Animals obtain their food from plants and other animals.
- Plants need water, light and air to survive.
- Distinguish between living (including humans) and nonliving things.
- Verify what living things, including plants and animals, need to survive.
- Patterns in the natural world can be observed and used as evidence when distinguishing between living and nonliving things and determining the needs of living things.