Social Studies (2010) - Grade(s): K
With prompting and support, discuss and recognize the fact that individuals, families, and communities have similarities and differences in culture including what they eat, choose to celebrate, and traditions they follow.
- Individuals, families, and communities mark special days or events in a variety of ways.
- Cultures are celebrated in different ways.
- Cultures follow a variety of traditions.
- Vocabulary: celebration, tradition, culture
Students are able to:
- Identify celebrations and traditions within their culture.
- Recognize celebrations and traditions of other cultures.
Students understand that:
- There are cultural similarities and differences among individuals, families, and communities.