Construct explanations from observations that objects can be seen only when light is available to illuminate them (e.g., moon being illuminated by the sun, colors and patterns in a kaleidoscope being illuminated when held toward a light).
- Light comes from different sources (natural/man-made).
- Objects can be seen only when there is a light source.
- Objects can be seen if they give off their own light.
- Gather evidence from observations to support the explanation that objects can only be seen when illuminated.
- Objects can be seen only when a light source causes it to be illuminated.