Design a solution to a human problem by using materials to imitate how plants and/or animals use their external parts to help them survive, grow, and meet their needs (e.g., outerwear imitating animal furs for insulation, gear mimicking tree bark or shells for protection).
- human problem
- external parts
- How plants use their external parts to survive, grow and meet their needs.
- How animals use their external parts to survive, grow and meet their needs.
- People can imitate how plants and animals survive and grow to help us solve a human problem.
- Design a device that attempts to solve a human problem.
- Use materials to imitate external structures of plants and animals.
- The shape and stability of structures of natural and designed objects are related to their function.