Perform an improvisational dance that has a beginning, middle, and end.
- non-locomotor vs locomotor movements
- elements of dance
- concepts and inspiration for choreography
- feedback and revision
EQ: What influences choice-making in creating choreography?
- Demonstrate locomotor and non-locomotor movements (i.e., running, skipping, twisting, falling).
- Identify elements of movement that are personally difficult to perform and discuss how this impacts movement choice in choreography.
- Identify how it feels to perform the same movement fast and slow.
- Create a connected shape, improvise while disconnected, and finish back in original connected shape.
- Perform improvised movement based on a famous painting.
- Identify how the movement changes if an element is performed differently, such as taking the movement from a high level to a low level.
- Create three movements and develop a symbol to go with each (such as ⟲ for turn).