Using area and length fraction models, explain why one fraction is equivalent to another, taking into account that the number and size of the parts differ even though the two fractions themselves are the same size.
- Fraction model
- Area model -Length model
- Fractions can be equivalent even though the number of parts and size of the parts differ.
- Two fractions are equivalent if they are at the same point on a number line or if they have the same area.
- Use area and length fraction models to explain why fractions are equivalent.
- Recognize and generate equivalent fractions.
- equivalent fractions are fractions that represent equal value.