Solve multi-step linear equations in one variable, including rational number coefficients, and equations that require using the distributive property and combining like terms.
- one solution
- no solution
- Infinitely many solutions
- like terms
- Distributive property
- how to solve one and two step equations with one variable.
- Write linear equations given real-world contexts.
- That a solution to an equation can represent a real-world quantity.
- apply the distributive property and combine like terms to simplify an equation.
- Recognize a solution as representing one solution, no solution, or infinite solutions.
- Analyze and solve a real-world problem and write an appropriate equation for it that leads to a solution that can be explained within the context of the problem.
- equations can now have more than one solution in given real-world scenarios.
- The distributive property and combining like terms are essential to simplifying an equation. therefore making it easier to solve.