For any number from 0 to 10, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, by using concrete objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
- Characteristics of addition and subtraction contexts such as putting together, adding to, taking apart, and taking from.
- Represent quantities and operations physically, pictorially, or symbolically.
- two smaller quantities join to create a larger target quantity.
- A quantity may be broken into smaller quantities.
- Mathematical tools and representations (ten frames and ten fingers) can be used to solve problems efficiently.