Determine the surface area of three-dimensional figures by representing them with nets composed of rectangles and triangles to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- Surface area
- Rectangular prism
- Triangular prism
- Square pyramid
- Rectangular pyramid
- Triangular pyramid
- Measurable attributes of objects, specifically area and surface area.
- Strategies for representing the surface area of a 3-D shape as a 2-D net.
- Communicate the relationships between rectangular models of area and multiplication problems.
- Model the surface area of 3-D shapes using 2-D nets.
- Accurately measure and compute area of triangles and rectangles.
- Strategically and fluently choose and apply strategies for finding surface areas of 3-D figures.
- Area is additive.
- Surface area of a 3-D shape is represented by the sum of the areas of the faces of the object.
- Models represent measurable attributes of objects and help to solve problems.