[ARTS] DAN (3) 18 :
18) Use basic dance terminology to identify the qualities of movement observed or performed in a specific genre, style, or cultural movement practice.
Example: Ballet uses bound movements of the torso with free movements performed by the arms and legs.
[ARTS] DAN (3) 21 :
21) Explain how movements in a dance from a culture, society, or community communicate its characteristics and values.
Example: Explain how the hand movements in Hawaiian dance create meaning.
[ARTS] DAN (4) 18 :
18) Explain why movement choices from dances of specific genres, styles, or cultures are appropriate in a specific dance.
Example: Explain why facial expressions are essential in Indian Classical dance.
[ARTS] DAN (4) 21 :
21) Explain how and why a dance originates from a culture, society, historical period, or community.
[ARTS] DAN (5) 1 :
1) Develop content for choreography using ideas generated from a variety of prompts.
Examples: Spoken word, text, poetry, images, or nature.
[ARTS] DAN (5) 21 :
21) Describe how the movement qualities of a dance from a specific genre, style, or culture reflect the ideas and perspectives from which the dance originated.
Example: Regal movements of Ballet from its beginnings in Italian and French royal courts.