[TC2] (0-2) 1 :
1 ) Identify basic parts of various technology systems.
Naming input and output devices
Examples: input—keyboard, stylus
[TC2] (0-2) 2 :
2 ) Identify applications and operations of various technology systems.
Examples: applications—word processing, multimedia presentation software
- operations—opening, closing, and saving files
Using accurate terminology related to technology
Example: "press," not "hit," keys
Using input devices to enter letters, numbers, and symbols
Using special functions of input devices
Example: keyboard shortcuts
Labeling storage media
Removing storage media safely
[TC2] (0-2) 3 :
3 ) Demonstrate correct posture and finger placement while using a technology system.
[TC2] (0-2) 5 :
5 ) Practice responsible use of technology systems and applications.
Example: maintaining proper settings
Demonstrating care of digital equipment and media
Examples: washing hands before use, cleaning work area before and after use
Distinguishing between ethical and unethical use of others' work
Examples: avoiding plagiarism, avoiding manipulation of others' work without
[TC2] (0-2) 6 :
6 ) Identify uses of technology systems in daily living.
[TC2] (3-5) 1 :
1 ) Use input and output devices of technology systems.
Examples: input—recording devices, keyboards, touchscreens
Demonstrating ergonomics relative to technology systems
Demonstrating correct keyboarding techniques
Demonstrating safe removal of storage media
[TC2] (3-5) 4 :
4 ) Identify various operating systems of technology devices.
[DLIT] (2) 17 :
11) Type 10 words per minute with 95% accuracy using appropriate keyboarding techniques.
[DLIT] (3) 20 :
14) Type 15 words per minute with 95% accuracy using appropriate keyboarding techniques.
[DLIT] (4) 20 :
14) Type 20 words per minute with 95% accuracy using appropriate keyboarding techniques.
[DLIT] (5) 24 :
18) Type 25 words per minute with 95% accuracy using appropriate keyboarding techniques.