[DLIT] (7) 16 :
10) Explain social engineering, including countermeasures, and its impact on a digital society.
Examples: Phishing, hoaxes, impersonation, baiting, spoofing.
[DLIT] (8) 19 :
13) Evaluate the impact of digital globalization on public perception and ways Internet censorship can affect free and equitable access to information.
[DLIT] (8) 25 :
19) Critique the impacts of censorship as it impacts global society.
Example: Create a presentation outlining the social implications of limiting access to web content by favoring or blocking particular products or websites.
[DLIT] (9-12) 17 :
11) Model and demonstrate behaviors that are safe, legal, and ethical while living, learning, and working in an interconnected digital world.
a. Recognize user tracking methods and hazards.
Examples: Cookies, WiFi packet sniffing.
b. Understand how to apply techniques to mitigate effects of user tracking methods.
c. Understand the ramifications of end-user license agreements and terms of service associated with granting rights to personal data and media to other entities.
d. Explain the relationship between online privacy and personal security.
Examples: Convenience and accessibility, data mining, digital marketing, online wallets, theft of personal information.
e. Identify physical, legal, and ethical consequences of inappropriate digital behaviors.
Examples: Cyberbullying/harassment, inappropriate sexual communications.
f. Explain strategies to lessen the impact of negative digital behaviors and assess when to apply them.
[DLIT] (9-12) 39 :
33) Evaluate the scalability and reliability of networks by describing the relationship between routers, switches, servers, topology, packets, or addressing, as well as the issues that impact network functionality.
Examples: Bandwidth, load, delay.
a. Explain the purpose of Internet Protocol addresses and how domain names are resolved to IP addresses through a Domain Name System server.
b. Understand the need for networking protocols and examples of common protocols.
Examples: HTTP, SMTP, and FTP