Explain perspectives through practices of the Deaf culture.
- how greeting, leaving, and exchanging information show different types of relationships, e.g., family, friends, or professional.
- appropriate cultural behaviors for communicating in different environments.
- the social norms of the Deaf community so they can participate in activities.
- greet, leave and exchange information using various types of activities related to the appropriate relationship.
- address other appropriately.
- interact in various environments using appropriate communication and social skills.
- identify, explain, and use social norms of the Deaf community to participate in activities appropriately.
- the Deaf community is also part of the American community.
- Therefore, they function in both the American culture and the Deaf culture.
- the basis of Deaf culture lies in its visual orientation.
- An ability to communicate in another language fosters a better understanding of my own language and culture.
- recognizing the different practices in the Deaf community can lead to a better understanding of their viewpoints.