[WLAN] WNLP (0-8) 1 :
1) Exchange simple spoken and written information in the target language, utilizing cultural references where appropriate.
a. Communicate on some very familiar topics using single words or learned phrases.
Examples: likes/dislikes, sports, hobbies
b. Answer simple questions.
Examples: What is your name? What day is today? What is the weather?
c. Greet peers and introduce selves.
[WLAN] WNLP (0-8) 2 :
2) Demonstrate an understanding of simple spoken or written language presented through a variety of media resources on familiar topics.
a. Recognize key words and phrases in the target language.
Examples: colors, numbers, animals, weather, days of the week
b. Identify people and objects in their environment.
Examples: clothing, classroom items, family members
c. Understand basic instructions.
Examples: turn on lights, look at board
d. Interpret the meaning of gestures, intonation, and other auditory cues.
[WLAN] WNLP (0-8) 3 :
3) Present material in oral and written form.
a. Present information about selves with one word or simple learned phrases.
Examples: I'm tired. I have a headache. I'm thirsty, hungry, and sleepy.
b. Sing songs in the target language.
c. Label familiar people, places and objects.
[WLAN] WNLP (0-8) 5 :
5) Link target language and other subject areas to acquire information and develop diverse cultural perspectives.
a. Listen to and acquire vocabulary related to age-appropriate school content.
Examples: Modes of transportation, the planets, and time-telling.
[WLAN] WL1 (7-12) 1 :
1) Communicate and share on familiar topics with a variety of words, phrases, and simple sentences in the present time frame.
a. Greet and leave people in a polite way.
b. Exchange basic information about self and others.
c. Exchange basic information about their everyday lives.
[WLAN] WL1 (7-12) 2 :
2) Interpret what is heard, read, or viewed on familiar topics using the present tense.
a. Identify main characters, themes, and ideas from narrative text.
b. Recognize words, phrases and simple sentences in an informational text.
c. Interpret visual and auditory cues.
[WLAN] WL1 (7-12) 3 :
3) Present information on familiar topics with a variety of words, phrases, and simple sentences in the present time frame.
a. Present basic information orally and in writing.
b. Give simple instructions.
c. Tell about familiar objects, experiences, and daily routines.
d. Recite short memorized phrases, poems, and/or rhymes.