[ARTS] VISA (2) 3 :
3) Extend skills by individually following sequential steps to create works of art on subjects that are real or imaginary.
Example: Use the book A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle.
Create a real or imagined home.
[ARTS] VISA (3) 1 :
1) Elaborate on an individual or prompted imaginative idea.
Examples: Create an imaginative mask showing his/her personality.
Look at masks from different cultures such as Chinese, African and Native American.
[ARTS] VISA (4) 3 :
3) Generate ideas and employ a variety of strategies and techniques to create a work of art/design.
[MA2019] (3) 13 :
13. Demonstrate that a unit fraction represents one part of an area model or length model of a whole that has been equally partitioned; explain that a numerator greater than one indicates the number of unit pieces represented by the fraction.
[MA2019] (4) 15 :
15. Model and justify decompositions of fractions and explain addition and subtraction of fractions as joining or separating parts referring to the same whole.
a. Decompose a fraction as a sum of unit fractions and as a sum of fractions with the same denominator in more than one way using area models, length models, and equations.
b. Add and subtract fractions and mixed numbers with like denominators using fraction equivalence, properties of operations, and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
c. Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions and mixed numbers having like denominators, using drawings, visual fraction models, and equations to represent the problem.