1. The teacher will present the Wheel of Names and each student will get to spin the wheel to choose their animal. Once an animal has been chosen from the wheel, delete the animal from the wheel so it cannot be chosen again.
2. Once all students have the name for their endangered animal to research, pass out the Endangered Animals research questions.
3. Next, share the Epic book list (this will be used to access a list of books about endangered animals) and the approved websites to use with the students. These will need to be shared so that the students can have online access to them.
4. Students are now able to start researching, and gathering information to answer the questions on the endangered animals' sheet.
5. Make sure students understand that they must paraphrase the information (put it into their own words), use complete sentences, and be detailed when writing.
6. Once the research and questions are complete, students will complete the Endangered Animals Poster using the research gathered on their questions sheet.