This activity can be used as an engage activity or an after/elaborate activity.
1. The teacher will play the "sing Karaoke" and then replay and allow the whole class to sing Karaoke and learn the order of operations through song.
2. The teacher will engage the class in step by step process of applying the order of operations through collaboration. Click the green Step by Step button.
3. The teacher and students will explore and discuss the Watch Out portion by critiquing the reasoning of others.
4. In small groups, allow students to work together and complete the TRY IT activities and allow them time to collaborate and explain their work to their peers.
5. Allow students individually to assess their understanding and lesson mastery through the online TEST YOURSELF.