The student(s) will:
- recall content vocabulary terms
- create word clouds in real-time using content vocabulary
1. Explain to students that they will be creating a word cloud using Tagxedo http://www.tagxedo.com
2. Instruct students to open Tagxedo and click on the word create. When the following page opens, click on the word load.
3. Ask students to type their words or phrases into the text box. Remind them that, if they want to include phrases, they need to put hyphens between the words. Spaces between the words break the words apart. The more times a word is entered into the text box, the larger the word will be. Click on submit.
4. Once students have clicked the submit button, they may change the theme or shape of the word cloud so it fits their topic.
5. The completed word clouds can be printed or saved as a PDF file.