1. ReadWorks Digital requires the teacher and students to create an account to view the articles online.
2. Teachers first create a free account then create a class. Teachers will enter the first name and last initial of each student on the roster.
3. To log students into account have students go to https://www.readworks.org/student-authentication?url=%2Fstudent. Students enter the class code given to the teacher by the website for their specific class.
4. Tell your students their default password set by the website. Students can change the password once they are logged in.
5. To assign the Article-A-Day set to students on bridges, the teacher will search "bridges" and then click on the "Bridges" Article-A-Day set. Next, click the "Assign" button and choose your assignment details and click Assign.
6. Students will then have assigned reading upon logging in to the website.
7. If computers are not available for all students, the teacher can print the articles for the students.
8. The teacher will need to gather the materials for students to build the bridges. Some ideas of materials to use are math connecting cubes, popsicle sticks and tape, pencils and tape, or rubber bands, Magna-Tiles, building blocks, Lincoln Logs, etc.