(Students should log into their Google account first)
1. Instruct students to go to Padlet and log in.
2. Select make a Padlet
3. Select shelf template (blue)
4. The next screen allows students to:
- change the background (upload a picture optional)
- add a title for the Padlet
- change fonts
- other options
- select next
- select public and can read
5. At this point, students will need instructions or questions for the selected topic to research. Students will use the Internet and the novel Woodlawn to find five interesting facts related to Tony Nathan, Woodlawn, Tandy Gerelds, civil rights, and segregation. In addition, the students will include an image and the URL.
Sample Padlet (shelf template)
Artic Padlet (canvas template)
6. When students have completed the assignment, then it will be linked to Google Classroom.
7. On the Padlet page, in the upper right-hand corner, instruct students to click on the word share, select public, those with access can read (this is in a drop-down menu so arrow down), then share/export. Students will share the Padlet to Google Classroom by selecting the link.