The students will produce and publish a page in a collaborative poetry e-book that contains original poetic compositions.
1. The student will have pre-selected a poem that they wrote during a poetry unit.
2. The student will use Canva, a graphic design website, to design a page that includes their poem and a background image that relates to the theme or mood of their poem.
3. Students will download their Canva design and either save it to a designated drive (for teacher access) or insert it into a slide in collaborative presentation software (such as PowerPoint or Google Slides).
- The teacher should create a collaborative presentation using Google Slides or PowerPoint. If the teacher does not use collaborative presentation software, they can upload each student graphic to the presentation themselves.
- The students will download their Canva design and save it to the desktop.
- From there, the students should go to the collaborative presentation and INSERT their graphic into a blank slide.
4. The teacher will convert the Slides to a PDF and upload the e-book to the desired website.