1. The instructor will divide the class into two large groups, Group 1 and Group 2.
2. The instructor will review slides 1-6 of the Barracoon Powerpoint with the students.
3. During the review of slides 1-6, students will actively discuss the information with the instructor and answer questions.
4. On slide 7 of the Barracoon Powerpoint, students will begin completing the activity by answering the Pre-Reading Questions on Group 1 Handout or Group 2 Handout.
5. Students will begin reading either Group 1 Excerpt or Group 2 Excerpt. The reading should be done aloud by the students. This works well if they are in a circle and take turns reading.
6. Once a group has finished reading their excerpt, the students will complete the rest of their handout.
7. After both groups are completed, each student will partner with one student from the opposite group to complete the partner questions on their handouts.