1. The instructor will split students into groups.
2. The instructor will review slide 1 of the "Ain't I a Woman?" Slides with the students.
3. The instructor will play the video on slide 2 and students will respond to the video using the graphic organizer on page 1 of their "Ain't I a Woman?" Analysis.
4. The instructor will lead a discussion with slide 3 of the "Ain't I a Woman?" Slides with the students.
5. The instructor will go over expectations for viewing the speech on slide 4 and show video of the speech on slide 5.
6. After watching the speech, students will write their first reactions on the first page of their "Ain't I a Woman?" Analysis.
7. For slide 6, the students will complete page 3 of the "Ain't I a Woman?" Analysis. They will have one leader in each round who facilitates and makes sure that the group is completing the work. Give them about 5 minutes to complete each round. Once they finish, the group members will rotate to another table, except for the leader. Students can only be a leader once. (Instructions for group rotations are included in the "Ain't I a Woman?" Slides.)
8. For slide 7, students will complete page 4 of the "Ain't I a Woman?" Analysis. Do ethos as a whole class, have students complete pathos in pairs, and then students will complete logos individually. Some of the graphic organizer has already been filled out to help.