- The teacher will play the video Special Right Triangle Jam.
- After watching the video, students will complete the Exit Ticket where they will write the angle and side relationships between a 30°-60°-90° right triangle and a 45°-45°-90° right triangle.
The teacher will check the exit tickets to determine if any misconceptions exist.
The teacher can correct misconceptions with individual students or through a whole group lesson.
- The teacher will need a computer connected to a classroom projector and speakers for the Special Right Triangle Jam Video.
- The teacher will need to make copies of the Exit Ticket for each student in advance. (There are 2 different exit tickets per page.)
|Variation Tips (optional):
After viewing the video, the teacher could have the students sing along to the video.
The teacher could pair students and have students say the relationships between the sides and angles of special right triangles to each other.
The teacher could combine the two different exit tickets to create a 4 questions exit ticket.
|Notes or Recommendations (optional):
35. Discover and apply relationships in similar right triangles.
a. Derive and apply the constant ratios of the sides in special right triangles (45˚-45˚-90˚ and 30˚-60˚-90˚).
b. Use similarity to explore and define basic trigonometric ratios, including sine ratio, cosine ratio, and tangent ratio.
c. Explain and use the relationship between the sine and cosine of complementary angles.
d. Demonstrate the converse of the Pythagorean Theorem.
e. Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems, including finding areas of regular polygons.