[WLAN] WL4 (7-12) 7 :
7) Acquire information related to diverse perspectives in the target culture in a variety of time frames and moods.
a. Explain how current events are reported in target culture and at home.
b. Compare and contrast advertisements from target culture and local media.
c. Explain the importance of influential figures from the perspective of the target culture.
[WLAN] WL4 (7-12) 5 :
5) Investigate perspectives through products of the target cultures.
a. Analyze the importance of products of the target culture, related to arts, crafts, and graphic representations.
b. Analyze the cultural elements of music and short video clips.
[WLAN] WL4 (7-12) 4 :
4) Investigate perspectives through practices of the target cultures.
a. Explain how behaviors in the target culture relate to and reflect different types of relationships.
b. Interact through role-play in a variety of familiar and unfamiliar environments.
c. Plan hands-on activities related to cultural practices.
[WLAN] WL4 (7-12) 2 :
2) Interpret, restate, and react to what is heard, read, or viewed on familiar and new topics.
a. Give main ideas, supporting details, and justify inferences in selected texts.
b. Identify themes, settings, characters, and plot lines found in literary texts.
c. Use background knowledge from other disciplines to understand spoken and written information in the target language.
[WLAN] WL4 (7-12) 1 :
1) Communicate and share on familiar and new topics in various time frames and moods.
a. Initiate, maintain, and conclude a conversation on various topics.
b. Use the target language to communicate about subjects of particular interest to students.
c. Use the target language to handle tasks that may contain a complication.