- Basic growth needs of plants include water, nutrients, light, and air.
Students are able to:
- Conduct an investigation to produce data used as evidence.
- Determine the growth needs of plants.
- Collaboratively develop an investigation plan that describes key features of the investigation and isolates variables as needed.
Students understand that:
- There are observable patterns present in the growth of plants that can be used to determine the needs of plants.
Scientific and Engineering Practices
Planning and Carrying out Investigations
Cause and Effect