- Graphical format
- The patterns of an object's motion in various situations can be observed and measured.
- When past motion exhibits a regular pattern, future motion can be predicted from it.
Students are able to:
- Investigate the motion of an object.
- Identify patterns in the motion of an object.
- Measure the motion of an object.
- Communicate graphically the pattern of motion of an object.
- Use patterns of motion of an object to predict future motion of that object.
Students understand that:
- The pattern in the motion of the object can be used to predict future motion.
Scientific and Engineering Practices
Planning and Carrying out Investigations