- Graphic texts
- Draw conclusions
- Defend claims
- Make decisions
- Graphic texts include information like tables, graphs, charts, digital dashboards, flow charts, timelines, forms, maps, and blueprints, that can be used to draw conclusions, defend argumentative claims, and make decisions.
Students are able to:
- Identify and analyze information presented in graphic texts.
- Draw conclusions, defend claims, and make decisions using information learned from graphic texts.
Students understand that:
- Graphic texts can be "read" and analyzed using the same skills used to analyze printed texts.
- Information learned through graphic sources can be used to draw conclusions, defend claims, and make decisions.